Financial & Environmental Advantages of Synthetic Turf
Lower Maintenance Costs
- Reduced labor costs related to field maintenance and equipment.
- Turf requires no mowing, which eliminates fuel and labor costs.
- Eliminates costs for supplies, such as fertilizers and pesticides.
- Regular turf maintenance only involves brushing and occasional vacuuming.
- No required watering, which means a reduction in water and energy costs.
- Lower water use.
- Removal of significant amounts of fertilizer and pesticides, which reduces the chance of contaminating groundwater.
- Synthetic turf is commonly made of recycled materials.
Benefits of Synthetic Turf in Community Memorial Stadium
- Organizations, such as the band, soccer teams, and youth football would now have full access to the field.
- Turf provides safe and consistent conditions for games and practices throughout the playing season.
- Physical education classes could be conducted outdoors on the field.
- The stadium would qualify for the hosting of official MHSAA events.
- Positive economic impact on local businesses due to visitors coming to our community for events at the stadium